Tuesday, October 11, 2016

2 Reasons to See Dixie National Forest



2 Big Reasons to Go See Dixie National Forest




I promise I'm not a paid advertiser for Southern Utah travel. I just enjoy the views and the wide open sky offered by Dixie National Forest. It is an area unlike anywhere else in the "four corners" states. Here are four solid reasons why Dixie National Forest is a wonderful place. 

#1-The Photography

Here are some pictures that my wife and I have taken in this area:
Autumn is so great up there.
Lovely.

Oh, it's me again.



2) See What All the Fuss is About

Firstly, let me clarify. I am not talking about this fuss,
image
...Mr. Brightside is signing off.
1954 NPS Arrowhead
Yellowstone was an inside job.
I'm talking about the fuss over the Great Outdoors. There has been a lot of attention drawn to the environment in the last couple decades. Snowballs in the Senate aside, to most it is pretty clear that Mother Nature is pushing back against us for all of our airborne chemicals. While it isn't a popular topic in Utah, I found it interesting to find out that the Obama Administration is very interested in the US National Parks. It seems that they are so worried about it, in fact, that over 265 million acres of land have been protected over the last 8 years. That's quite the spread there, feller.

So, while I won't go through an exhaustive report of the NPS (National Park Service) or write up an essay on global warming, I can provide some links to check out. The National Park Service was founded in 1916. Their mission is simple: to protect America's National Parks. That involves other initiatives, like education, enforcing some rules, and taking care of the wildlife. It is a tough, and often thankless job.

National Geographic reports that two thirds of America's National Park have been experiencing earlier springs recently. So this is the fuss I'm talking about. Mucho fuss. What are we protecting? Why aren't all the mountain ranges covered in cabins and mansions? Well, you may have to see it to get it. These parks are a monument to America's history, and key to our nation's future. Come see what is being fought to protect.

No comments:

Post a Comment